How sad is it that we need to designate a week to make us aware of the role hand washing is for good hygiene and better health?! If more people would realize that hand washing will help combat the spreading of infectious diseases, think how much more healthy we could be… We needed to empower people to educate and help protect their family members who, in turn, can then help communities have more healthy environments.
Most people don’t wash their hands enough and they can’t figure out why they get sick.
Want to know where the GERMIEST PLACES are:
- Grocery stores: shopping carts (look for disposable wipes to clean handles).
- Playgrounds: wash hands or use hand sanitizer after playing.
- Sinks in public restrooms: bacteria live in moist environments, as in faucet handles and soap dispensers. Wash hands well and turn faucets off with paper towels.
- Offices: phones and desks. A quick fix is to wipe down desk, phone and keyboards with disinfecting wipes.
- Restaurants: table surfaces and high chairs. Carry disinfecting wipes to sanitize both.
- Libraries: countertops and other surfaces. Use hand sanitizer or wash hands after leafing thru books, magazines, etc.
- Cruise Ships: handrails. These are floating cities and niro-viruses are resistant to normal cleaning so wash hands frequently.
- Malls: escalator handles. Wash hands often or use hand sanitizers.
I found FIVE CLEAN HAND PRACTICES we all should do:
- Wash hands when they are dirty, before eating, before preparing and/or serving food, after using the bathroom, and after handling doorknobs or shopping carts.
- Don’t cough or sneeze into your hands. Sneeze/cough into your elbow or into your collar. This keeps your hands free of microbes that are emitted.
- Use a tissue to clean your nose or ears. Then wash your hands with soap and water. Ear wax is FULL of bad bacteria.
- Don’t rub your eyes with your fingers and then place them in food that you are serving others.
- Wash or sanitize your hands before and after touching your face, eyes, nose, mouth or ears.
These are basic and easy-to-remember hand washing hygiene measures that all should want to practice. Proper hand washing leads to better health and we all want to be healthy.
Filed under: Health |