The end of August means it’s back-to-school time, and a fresh start for students and teachers alike. It’s an even better time to make your school an even better place to learn – and that’s where Fuel Up to Play 60 can help! How, you may ask? Fuel Up to Play 60 aligns with the goals of First Lady Michelle Obama’s call to improve the health of our next generation. This school wellness program provided by the National Dairy Council® and the National Football League®, in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is now helping to make wellness part of the game plan in more than 60,000 schools across the country!
With Fuel Up to Play 60, students get involved in helping to make their schools even healthier places – with more opportunities for physical activity and increased availability of good-tasting, kid-appealing, nutrient-rich foods.
The FREE Fuel Up to Play 60 School Wellness Kit comes with resources to help kick off, promote and implement the program, complete with printed materials for activating healthy eating and physical activity “plays”. The Fuel Up to Play 60 website contains a wealth of online tools and ideas, as well as opportunities for funding (up to $3000 per school year). Recognition and rewards for students, educators, and schools are also available.
Here are 10 great reasons to join the 2010-2011 FUEL UP TO PLAY 60 Team today:
10. Program advisors and students can earn fun rewards and recognition.
9. You’ll learn from others how Fuel Up to Play 60 is working in their schools.
8. You’ll discover new ideas and strategies to involve students in ways that will motivate them to move more and eat healthier foods!
7. You’ll be part of Fuel Up to Play 60 Plays that impact the entire school – with kids and adults working together to make a difference.
6. You’ll love watching students lead and encourage each other toward healthy habits.
5. Your school will have access to Fuel Up to Play 60 funding opportunities.
4. Your school will become part of a nationwide program and movement with a current reach of over 60,000 schools.
3. You’ll have the power of the National Dairy Council® and the National Football League®, in collaboration with the U.S. Department of Agriculture, behind you in helping to make your school a healthier place.
2. You will be part of a team that is making a difference in fighting childhood obesity – which has tripled in the last 30 years.
And the #1 reason for joining Fuel Up to Play 60 is…
- You’ll join thousands of other school nutrition, physical education, and other wellness champions nationwide who are making a difference in school wellness as leaders of Fuel Up to Play 60 in their schools!
So, now that you’re ready to join the Fuel Up to Play 60 movement with the National Dairy Council® and the National Football League®, go to FuelUptoPlay60.com to sign up!
Filed under: Childhood Obesity, Contest, Dairy, Diet, Fitness, Health, Indiana, Nutrition, Physical Activity, School Tagged: | American Dairy Association of Indiana, Dairy, exercise, food, football, healthy, kids, milk, NFL, Nutrition, sports